Thursday 15 March 2012

Bonus

An all afternoon power cut at work gave me a bonus couple of hours at Marshside.
Wheatear had arrived on the Sandplant with Meadow Pipits looking like they'd paired up, and a Skylark in tentative voice, it was almost springlike, if a bit cold.
A weasel popped up out of the brash left by the tide at the back of the compound and gave me good views for a few moments.
Stonechat and Reed Bunting showed themselves on the way back and I thought a Goldcrest in the bushes by the car park, but it only showed once and I didn't get a very good view.
On the walk down to Nel's I got a better view of a Goldcrest at the viewing screen.
I still think there's too much water at Nel's, no islands showing yet for the waders.
A big flock of Golden Plover, I counted at about 1500, but somebody said 2500, 1,2,3,4.....    !!!
The usual wildfowl, waders and gulls present, but nothing of note except 2 hares over at the back.
Not a bad afternoon for a bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment