Tuesday 27 December 2011

Glaucous Gull

A Glaucous Gull has been at Ainsdale for a couple of days in the Weld Road roost, so I thought I'd go and have alook today. I stopped off at 10 this morning but I couldn't stay long and dipped, however I had better luck in the afternoon. I got there at about 2.15 and asked a birder if it was about, he said somebody had seen it further up the beach towards Ainsdale, so I set off. Eventually after about 15 minutes I met Harry from Stockport and Dave, who I'd seen at Marshside before, they put me straight onto it about 100 yards out sitting by itself. It was limping when it moved and, to be honest, didn't look very well. Still it was a local tick.
Harry wanted to see White Fronts, so I took him to the bank at Dawlish Drive, where we picked up a group of 8 exactly where they had been all week with a flock of Barnies.
That's 191 for the year, I guess that's about it for 2011. Should I go for 200 next year ??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment