Saturday 24 December 2011

Intro

Hello, welcome to my blog !!

I had thought blogs were a somewhat egotistic activity, until I realised that, after I’ve checked my e-mail, the next thing i do is check the excellent blogs of John Dempsey, Colin Bushell and Pete Kinsella !! So maybe I should dive in !!

I live in Banks with my wife Jean and Jet, my wild black labrador. My three chickens have fled the nest for territories of their own, and have to date fledged 4 grandchildren. Jensen 8, Reuben 4, Evan 6m, and Joshua 3m, everyone a potential birder !!

I work in Burscough, so my daily drive takes me accross Martin Mere, where I am lucky enough to spot lots of birds. I hope, in this blog, to share some of those daily sightings and report on any trips or holiday birding activity.

I have always been interested in wildlife and birds, my first birdbook was the ‘Observer Book of Birds’ published in 1957, I still have it !! But I started to list more enthusiastically in 1984 whilst in Norfolk on a family holiday, I use my own ‘excel’ spreadsheet, and , since last year, ‘BTO Birdtrack’ software to keep count. I keep ‘life lists’ for the western palearctic, ‘garden lists’ and ‘year lists’. Standing at 399, 190 and 64 at present, but more of them as we progress.

So Welcome to my blog, let’s see how we progress !!

Say hello if you see me about !! Thank you for reading !!

No comments:

Post a Comment