Friday 6 January 2012

A Dip into Martin Mere

I dropped into Martin Mere yesterday afternoon with a view to do some digiscoping, but, as it turned out, the wind was too strong. Wherever you sat in any hide, the wind seemed to be blowing directly into your face !! So no photos again !!
Tree Sparrow, Sparrowhawk, Little Grebe, Stock Dove and Marsh Harrier were additions to the list from Miller's Bridge Hide. I added Willow Tit and Reed Bunting from Janet Kear, but no sign of Brambling.
Apparently Hen Harrier was seen, but not by me !!
My year list is now at 75, 102 by the end of January last year, so 'way to go'.

I dropped into Dawlish Drive to get some photos of the White Fronts, but again the wind was blowing my scope over every time I let go, so I gave up !!


So here are some White Fronts and Barnanles from last week at Dawlish Drive.    

No comments:

Post a Comment