Monday 2 January 2012

Quick Trip to the Fylde

After de-Christmassing all morning,
I decided on a quick trip to Lytham to look for Bean Geese with the long suffering wife.
I'd never found Lytham Moss before, but did today. I nearly got the car stuck in, what I think must have been Division Lane !!
Anyway, no Bean Geese, apparently not seen all day !! And no Short Eared Owls, too windy.
So to Firhaven Lake to tick the female Scaup. That proved harder than expected in gale force winds, all the ducks were huddling in the lee of the island, but I picked it out with some Tufteds and Pochard.
I'm sure Jean would like to see Lytham Crematorium !!
So we popped in there to tick Ringed necked Parakeet, 3 feeding on the holly tree near the chapel gave us good views.
Dropping Jean at home to get warm I continued to the Marine Lake for the Egret roost on the northern island. There were 5 hardy souls huddled in the shelter, they pointed out 18 Goldeneye in a flock, as we watched a total of 26 Little Egrets come in, but no Great White tonight. Hundereds of Cormorant flew past to roost on the same island.
Home for a warm as it went dark, work tomorrow !!

No comments:

Post a Comment