Monday 30 January 2012

Golden Days

They're back. Golden Plover all over Marshside one at lunchtime, at last.
Went to Ainsdale at 3 for the high tide. Although only a 7.5m I thought I might find the wader roost to tick Grey Plover, but I couldn't find any waders !!
I went to the top of a dune at the Ecocentre and did a bit of sea watching.
Counted 11 Great Crested Grebes and 1 Common Scoter, which seemed strange, I've always seen them in small flocks before, but it couldn't have been anything else.
Also strange was a Mute Swan on the tide line !! with a small gull roost, it looked very out of place.
Then I stopped at Marshside to scan for Short Eared Owl from Mount Baker.
What I think was a Buzzard was 'parked up' on a log a fair way off. I picked up 2 Peregrine, one a pristine male, and a Kestrel on the logs, but no Owls.
I think I try Low Meadows as Graham facebooked to say he'd had 2 there on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment